Warning: To guard against injury basic precautions should be observed, including the following.
1. Read and follow all safety instructions.
2. Danger - To avoid possible electric shock, special care should be taken since water is employed in the use of aquarium equipment. For each of the following situations do not attempt repairs yourself; return the appliance to an authorized service facility for service or discard the appliance.
3. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
4. To avoid injury, do not contact moving parts or hot parts such as heaters, reflectors, lamp bulbs, etc.
5. Always unplug an appliance from an outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. Never yank cord to pull plug form outlet. Grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
6. Do not use an appliance for other than intended use. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer may cause an unsafe condition.
7. Do not install or store the appliances where it will be exposed to the weather or to temperatures below freezing.
8. Make sure an appliance mounted on a tank is securely installed before operating it.
9. Read and observe all the important notices on the appliance.
10. If an extension cord is necessary, a cord with a proper rating should be used. A cord rated for less amperes or watts than the appliance rating may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that it will not be tripped over or pulled.
11. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider that the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Never use with an extension cord unless plug can be fully inserted. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
© Copyright 2012 by Vortex Innerspace Products, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All logos, graphics, marks and text are the sole property of Vortex Innerspace Products, Inc.